A long-term approach to selection & training
We place absolute trust in our drivers. They’re the beating heart of our business. To attract and retain the very best drivers in the industry, we take a long-term view in the recruitment process, selecting candidates based on talent, experience and character. Once a driver is hired, we offer ongoing training support and development throughout their career with us.
How our Driver Screening works
We have fully qualified dedicated driver trainers who have been trained by the FTA. Before a new driver is recruited, we carry out a rigorous screening process:
- Candidate selection
- Driving test
- Reference checking (previous five year driving record)
- Certifications – License, CPC, Digital Tachograph Card, ADR, Air Freight module 12
At the end of the recruitment process, every new driver must read and sign a Driver Declaration stating that he/she has no convictions (including convictions regarding Misuse of Drugs Act 2015), endorsements or disqualifications, and must confirm that they have no health issues that affect driving.
How our Driver Training works
Irrespective of prior experience, every new Baku driver goes through 5 days of intensive training:
- Baku Values (Company Orientation)
- Health, Safety & Security
- Supervised Driving & Feedback
- Defensive Driving
- Systems & IT (trailer tracking, alarms and telematic real time monitoring system)
- Hazards, Risks and Controls
- Quality Management System & Daily Audit Procedures
- Temperature Controlled Trailer Management
- Clandestine & Security Training
- Good Distribution Practice (GDP) (approved by the Irish Exporters Association)
In most cases, we’re able to conduct this training in-house, however our Secure Load Training us provided by a qualified FTA-approved trainer. This training includes classroom and practical training and is assessed with a minimum pass score of 80%. Baku complies with EN 12195.
Drive for Baku
Our driver loyalty rates are some of the highest in our industry, which is a testament to our remuneration and development package. If you’re interested in driving with Baku, visit our careers page.